A Covers Band With A Twist
THE BIJOUX TOOTS love music and it shows. Based on the Suffolk/North Essex border, this talented bunch of musicians focus on strong vocal harmonies, combined with accordion, mandolin, fiddle, bouzouki, guitar, ukulele and double-bass. Where Bluegrass and Folk traditions cohabit with Pop and Rock to bring a refreshingly curious twist to the covers band formula.
Meet The Bijoux Toots
The Bijoux Toots have played on the BBC Radio Sue Marchant Show and in 2014 alone were heard at FolkEast Festival, at the wonderfully quirky Aldeburgh Musicircus, playing support slots to the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at The Apex Bury St Edmunds, and alt. country star Steve Earle at Snape Maltings, playing at the inaugural UkeEast festival in Norwich, in Hatfield Forest at the National Trust’s Woodfest in various pubs & clubs, and lots of lovely weddings & private parties. We’re comfortable on a big stage playing through high spec PAs, but also just as at home playing on smaller acoustic and/or unplugged stages. We also have our own PA which can be provided if necessary.
The Bijoux Toots are well known for mixing genres in order to create our signature sound, but how do we choose which songs to play? It’s simple really… we love them. Click the button below to see a sample of the songs that we love to listen to, and to perform.
Lets get social
- We'll be playing at this on Friday 23rd August 2019 - 8pm! Food & Drink with live music! Sounds great to us… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1160521186171924481
- Non, we ne regrette rien - Next Sunday we are helping the good folks at the Secret Garden Sudbury to celebrate… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1147870506688929792
- Toots + Beer........ https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2325422077508886&id=116369608414155
- Just a friendly reminder that we're at Prado Lounge this evening from about 8 - really looking forward to playing i… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1098645310656647168
- Well our last gig of the year last night at the The Odd One Out was such good fun. Thank you Tom and crew! Here i… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1076839678765092865
- We had a fabulous time at Nigel’s birthday party last night. Aaarghhh pirates! thank you for looking after us so w… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1069190341713166337
"With a creative ear for arrangements, Alli and her fellow Toots sensitively marry the ukulele with its bolder string-siblings, wrap it all in a blanket of vocal harmonies, and cleverly resuscitate any song they choose to give the kiss of life to. Do not miss the chance to see them live”
George Hinchliffe - Musical Director, The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
"Toot-tastic - the Toots played a blinder!"
Sue Marchant - BBC Radio
“As music promoters for Woodfest, the wonderful annual festival that takes place in Hatfield Forest, Takeley, we have had the Toots perform for the last two years and they have taken the Festival by storm, with their amazing twist on popular songs and their sheer good humoured energy. Woodfest wouldn’t be the same without the Toots”
Keef & Annie Jackman - Woodfest Main Stage Promoters
"The Toots played for me at The Garden Party at The Minories in Colchester during the summer and again at Bullstock, a festival I run annually at The Bull in Colchester. They are a very professional and talented bunch of musicians as well as being lovely and friendly individuals. It has been a great pleasure to work with 'The Toots' and I hope to have them play again sometime at Acoustic Bull"
Jeanette Lynes - Live Music Promoter
"At LeeStock we pride ourselves on having great bands that keep the audience interested, with the Toots line up you can't help but be intrigued and then amazed but what they produce"
Ed Keogh LeeStock Organiser
"Love the Bijoux Toots! Thank you for playing our event. You are the perfect band to ease the crowd into an evening of live music. That is, before charging them up and getting them dancing! Love your set list and your folksy interpretation of classic tunes. Thanks!"
Tom Bowden - Blues & Rock in the Garden Event Organiser