A Covers Band With A Twist
THE BIJOUX TOOTS love music and it shows. Based on the Suffolk/North Essex border, this talented bunch of musicians focus on strong vocal harmonies, combined with accordion, mandolin, fiddle, bouzouki, guitar, ukulele and double-bass. Where Bluegrass and Folk traditions cohabit with Pop and Rock to bring a refreshingly curious twist to the covers band formula.
Meet The Bijoux Toots
The Bijoux Toots have played on the BBC Radio Sue Marchant Show and in 2014 alone were heard at FolkEast Festival, at the wonderfully quirky Aldeburgh Musicircus, playing support slots to the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at The Apex Bury St Edmunds, and alt. country star Steve Earle at Snape Maltings, playing at the inaugural UkeEast festival in Norwich, in Hatfield Forest at the National Trust’s Woodfest in various pubs & clubs, and lots of lovely weddings & private parties. We’re comfortable on a big stage playing through high spec PAs, but also just as at home playing on smaller acoustic and/or unplugged stages. We also have our own PA which can be provided if necessary.
The Bijoux Toots are well known for mixing genres in order to create our signature sound, but how do we choose which songs to play? It’s simple really… we love them. Click the button below to see a sample of the songs that we love to listen to, and to perform.
Lets get social
- We had our AGM last night, the top item on the agenda being 'Secret Santa'. We have suddenly had an influx of... http://fb.me/tpW5XWW7
- Our friend Tim Ranson's photograph of us used by the Guardian as the cover shot for their assignment on the theme... http://fb.me/7wRLzk7pJ
- We'll be at the Queen Street Brewhouse, Colchester, for a rare opportunity for a band social on Thursday from... http://fb.me/7CNRebZSj
- Thank you the good folk who turned out to see us at the Red Lion in Bildeston last nightn. We really enjoyed it and hope you did too !
- We're looking forward to heading to Winchester uke fest next year! http://fb.me/6QYZmw5H9
- ..and one more. Misirlou, trad stylee http://fb.me/u92bxqY1
"With a creative ear for arrangements, Alli and her fellow Toots sensitively marry the ukulele with its bolder string-siblings, wrap it all in a blanket of vocal harmonies, and cleverly resuscitate any song they choose to give the kiss of life to. Do not miss the chance to see them live”.
George Hinchliffe - Musical Director, The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
"The Toots played for me at The Garden Party at The Minories in Colchester during the summer of 2014 and again at Bullstock, a festival I run annually at The Bull in Colchester. They are a very professional and talented bunch of musicians as well as being lovely and friendly individuals. It has been a great pleasure to work with 'The Toots' and I hope to have them play again sometime at Acoustic Bull"
Jeanette Lynes - Live Music Promoter
“As music promoters for Woodfest, the wonderful annual festival that takes place in Hatfield Forest, Takeley, we have had the Toots perform for the last two years and they have taken the Festival by storm, with their amazing twist on popular songs and their sheer good humoured energy. Woodfest wouldn’t be the same without the Toots”
Keef & Annie Jackman - Woodfest Main Stage Promoters
"Toot-tastic - the Toots played a blinder!"
Sue Marchant - BBC Radio